Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: AG NYC

  1. #1
    Inactive Member mominwestlake2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 6th, 2002
    Posts
    18
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi. I have an opportunity to go with DH to NYC. Was wondering if anyone knew of a decent, reasonably priced hotel near AGP. Also, where exactly is AGP located in relation to some other major attractions. Thanks! Megan

  2. #2
    Inactive Member PrincessRuthie's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,054
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Red Roof Inn is a good hotel at decent prices. I couldn't tell you that exact location cause I'm not a NYC expert, but it's right near the Empire State Building. And it's within walking distance to AGP and Rockefeller Center. And Broadway.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member nycgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 2004
    Posts
    336
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Like Holly mentioned, AGP is near most NY attractions! Rockefeller Center, Times Square and Central Park are all within walking distance. Taking a cab or train downtown to other shopping areas, like Soho, Chinatown, Little Italy, South St. Seaport or uptown to Lincoln Center is very easy. I can't really recommend hotels because I live here (although I have heard the Marriott Marquis is unbelievable--it certainly is on the inside, but I haven't seen the rooms), but if you want to know anything else, travel details, etc. you can feel free to PM me and maybe I can help! [img]smile.gif[/img] Have fun!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member FelinaDoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2005
    Posts
    692
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think Most of the places mentioned are fine. If price is no object the Plaza is nice and Is across the street from FAO's and Cetral Park. The Marriott Marquis is VERY Nice with spacious rooms, but Price is High. They are across from Toys are us and right in the Heart of the Theater District. TKTS is right outside and you could get something for a show inexpensivly. You can get a cab or hop on the subway and see quite a bit.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member QNPoohBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    1,460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The Plaza is closing in April to be turned into Condos [img]frown.gif[/img] If you can afford to stay there for a night, it may be worth the experience one last time!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member FelinaDoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2005
    Posts
    692
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    OMG is it really I hadn't realized it.

    YIKES

  7. #7
    Inactive Member dolllover's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2004
    Posts
    2,583
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The Roosevelt on 45 East 45th Street.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member AGTeacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The Plaza is closed, she will not be able to book there.

    I'm using the Roosevelt for my convention, but we got a doll group deal.

    AGP deal is $199 a night.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member oceancitygirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 15th, 2005
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi Megan- I went to APGNY twice in the last month. It's on 5th Ave. and 49th just a few blocks south of FAO Schwartz and Central Park, and just a few blocks north of the Empire State Building. Then you have Rockefeller Center nearby and lots of department stores in walking distance such as Saks (across the street), Bloomingdales, Macy's and Lord and Taylor's. As a doll person, you need to go to FAO to see the Madame Alexander and Robert Tonner items that are unique to FAO. Be prepared for mobs at APG, but the customer service there is outstanding! Have fun!

  10. #10
    Inactive Member dornroeschen's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    1,053
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    We stayed at the Hotel Stanford on 32nd Street, between 5th Avenue and Broadway, which is the neighbouring block of Empire State Building - if I remember correctly from looking at the map that's the same street as the Red Roof Inn. The hotel was very central and it's only 10 blocks from AGP, which we didn't consider far. The rooms were a nice size, with en-suite bathroom, and we had curtesy breakfast - they have a simple buffet style breakfast with pastries, donuts, cereal, coffee, tea and juices which fill you up for a busy morning - served in the bar. I'd stay there again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •